Your pet's home away from home.
Big Creek Pet Hospital offers boarding for dogs, cats, and pocket pets. Our facility has some unique features, including bi-level runs, continuous ventilation, and the Rowdy Room, a large room for boarding and exercise area.
We provide loving care for all our animals, treating them as our own. Our staff of Animal Caretakers are all pet owners themselves. Under direct supervision and training of the Medical staff they treat each individual animal with love and care.
Why Board your 4-legged family member
As a pet owner your animal is part of the family. At Big Creek Pet Hospital we truly understand that. Unfortunately sometimes your animal may be too excited to be at your home and/or they may not be able to go with you on your trip. Whether it is a planned time or an emergency Big Creek is here to help out and take care of your loving pets. The boarding facility offers stays of just the day, overnight, or for extended periods of time. Here are a few examples of why and when to board your loved one.
- Vacations– some time they are not allowed to go with us.
- Parties/Social Engagements– at times it may be too overwhelming for your pet to be at home with lots of strange people around. The noise and amount of people may make your animal “nervous” or “skittish”. In those times we are happy to help make them feel more comfortable.
- Work – This is important with puppies. During the work day you sometimes do not want to leave your animal alone. Big Creek offers day boarding packages so that you may drop your pet off in the morning and pick them up in the afternoon. This is to allow you to have the peace of mind that your animal is taken care of during the day.
- Construction/ Remodeling – Sometimes it is necessary for owners to update their home. In the case it is sometimes better for the pets to be dropped off.
- Health Care Issues– We at Big Creek are a loving family of staff. We understand that life comes at us all. In some instances, as people, we are forced to go and get checked up or have surgery ourselves. In this time you need someone to watch your animals.
No matter what the reason Big Creek Pet Hospital’s boarding facilities are here for you.
What to Expect
When you dropping off your loved ones you expect the highest care, we at Big Creek provide nothing less. We begin by doing a quick observational awareness of your animal from the teammate that takes your pet to our boarding area. Our Client Relations Specialist will review with you the following:
- Inventory items you brought
- Determine any required or requested medical procedures
- Determine any particular services we are to provide like grooming, extended walks or special
- Determine any special needs or requirements (ex. Someone else picking up your pet
- If your pet is being released on a Sunday or holiday, you will need to pre-pay the bill
While you are away your animal will be taken extra special care of and treated like you are one of our own animals. We follow all instructions that you as an owner give us in order to make them feel at home. This includes administering any medications, and feeding schedules.
We want you as an owner to have a comfortable feeling in which you know that your animal is taken care of properly. This is why so many of our visitors have been coming to board with us for years and lifetimes. We treat them as part of our family and our staff make emotional connections.
Drop-off and Pick-up Times
If possible we ask that you drop-off and pick-up your pet at least 30 minutes before daily closing. Sunday and holiday pick-ups are possible if you pre-pay. There is a nominal surcharge for Sunday and holiday pick-ups, which are between 4:30-5:30. (Unfortunately, we cannot take in pets on Sundays or Holidays). If you are having someone else picking up your pet please let us know, so we can release your pet to the proper person.
Our Boarding Requirements
Our boarding requirement are as follows:
- Dogs must be current on their distemper, rabies, Bordetella, and parvovirus vaccines
- Cats must be current on their distemper (FVRCP) and rabies vaccines
- All boarders must provide proof that they are free from parasites – internal or external
Please fax your pet's medical records to us at (440) 243-9681 or email email@example.com prior to their stay.