Emergency Pet Care
Find treatment fast.
If your dog, cat, or pocket pet is experiencing any of the following medical problems please call Big Creek Pet Hospital immediately for help (440) 234-5831 (after hours (216) 362-6000). These items could be a sign of a life-threatening problem, which can only be diagnosed and treated by a veterinarian.
- Severe bleeding or bleeding that doesn’t stop within 5 minutes
- Choking, difficulty breathing or nonstop coughing and gagging
- Allergic reaction
- Bleeding from Nose, Mouth, Rectum, or Blood in Urine/Bowel Movement
- Straining or Unable to Urinate or Defecate
- Eye Injury
- Seizures, Stroke, and/or Staggering
- Severe lameness or inability to move leg(s), possible broken bones
- Obvious signs of pain or extreme anxiety
- Heat stress or heatstroke
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- Refusal to drink for 24 hours or more
- Bloat or Distended Abdomen
While this list covers most problems you and your pet may face in the Cleveland, OH area, it doesn’t cover everything. Seek immediate veterinary medical care if you would go or take a family member to an Urgent Care or Emergency Room for the same problem.
Call us at (440) 234-5831 for help during our business hours.
After business hours please call:
Westside Animal Emergency Clinic
Tips for handling an injured pet
Be careful, your otherwise gentle pet when injured, may attempt to bite or scratch you. Click for the AVMA’s Basic Tips for Handling an Injured Pet.